Below is a short summary of the goals and purpose of the Fiskeland project.
The primary goal of the project is to fully establish the fishing tourism destination Fiskeland in both geography and capacity. The project owner in Sweden is the Bengtsfors municipality and in Norway Havass Skog BA, part of the Forestry Department for Akershus and Østfold counties.
- Create a shared sales platform comprising marketing, sales and booking functions for destination Fiskeland using a shared trademark;
- Develop and co-ordinate the operations of the Norwegian and Swedish ‘Fishing Centres’;
- Organize and compile a general working model for the development of border-regional sport fishing tourism;
- Prepare suggested shared strategies and policies for destination Fiskeland in the areas of administration and operation of the sport fishing water resource.
- Create networks and platforms for interested parties in fishing tourism within the bounds of the destination;
- Carry out various training efforts;
- Implement active business and product development in the region in order to develop new sport fishing products primarily adapted to the European market.
- Carry out actual marketing with foreign travel agents as a primary target audience;
- Collaborate with the various fishing conservation organizations in carrying out accessibility investments and initiating fishing conservation plans; and
- Ensure fish availability in strategically vital sport fishing waters through specific stocking of species.